Tuesday, October 13, 2009

What a Dame!

Dany from Dame sent me some photos from her new home...it's beautiful! I feel inspired to kick up the style and awe factor in my place.

"We scored the 6 chairs at the SoWa Antiques market this year for 300 bucks, which I think is a great price. I often see 4 chairs but not usually the formal 6 and I specifically wanted the high back chairs, which I don't see often, to offset all the other low furniture in the house."

Crococile tears find mid-century tea cart $125. Matches my buffet beautifully. The buffet has the prettiest wood grain I've ever seen on one of those pieces. I purchased the buffet at Yesterer in JP and they gave me such a good deal on the table that I couldn't refuse.

"Vintage Type chest (I don't remember the cost)/Somerville scored from Crocodile Tears saved from a Union Square Garage. The hutch is a family piece. And the midcentury china is a personal obsession of mine, currently I'm all about Russell Wright. He and his wife were all about utilitarian beauty. I am extremely vexed by anything that doesn't have a constructive use in the home."


Crocodile Tears find - "Vintage Singer Sewing Machine. What a beauty! This is a vintage model 201 and is considered one of the best sewing machines every made by singer. It's the closest to an industrial sewing machine ever made for home use. I was attracted to the compact footprint of the desk and stool and it wasn't till I got home that I realized it was such a fine machine, it came with the original manual and all the original attachments. It was the sellers grandmother’s who apparently didn't even sew. I think it was 90 bucks. I should upload a better pic of the desk b/c it's a beautiful deco piece."
Thanks Dany!

2 comments:

  1. You are making Boston more stylish. One blog at a time! I'm honored!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for showing off our stuff!

    ReplyDelete